The President and Council of the IAOP are offering travel grants to assist trainees to attend the next International Congress on Oral Pathology and Medicine.
To encourage attendance at IAOP Congresses, particularly attendance of trainees from developing countries.
• be a members of the Association
• be a student/trainee in Oral Pathology
• be from developing countries rather than first world countries
• be attending the Congress to present a paper or poster
• have submitted an abstract to the Local Organising Committee by the relevant deadline for the Congress
• not have received an IAOP Travel Grant previously
Travel grants are not available to residents of the country hosting the Congress.
This will be based on:
1. A letter of application to include:
a. A statement of why they wish to attend the meeting
b. Details of funding already available
c. Reasons for the need for extra funding
d. The geographical location of the applicant
e. The geographical location of the meeting
f. The age and experience of the applicant
2. A letter of support from the applicant’s supervisor/head of department
3. The abstract submitted for an oral or poster presentation
4. A curriculum vitae
The President of IAOP and a panel nominated by the President. The judges’ decision will be final. No correspondence or discussion will be entered into regarding the decision of the judges.
Will consist of 500 GB Pounds for each successful applicant, to be paid on receipt of confirmation of registration for the congress.
The relevant abstract deadline for the Congress.
Address for applications:
E-mail: [email protected]
Click here to access the application form